There is a route on Friday 31 Aug at 18h00 / Sat 1 Sept at 12h00 & 17h00 / Sun 2 Sept at 12h00
Friday @ 18h00 – R195pp per route
Saturday @ 12h00 & 17h00 – R225pp per route
Sunday @ 12h00 – R225pp per route
R5 per ticket is donated to The Darling Trust
Tickets are not refundable.
For information: Tasha or Chanda (Monday – Friday 10h00 – 17h00)
082 321 7542
This is how it works:
Arrival at Evita se Perron in Darling should be an hour before your route departs.
Parking will be sign-posted to The Darling Country Club, which is about 5 minutes walk from Evita se Perron, local taxis will be available, charging a nominal fee. The road in front of the Perron will be closed.
Find the well displayed Booking Office tent – please do not go to the taxi rank first.
Collect your ticket & this will determine on which route you go (big surprise! you cannot choose)
The taxis will take you to 3 theatre homes where we guarantee you will be well entertained by the fabulous line-up of International & SA artists. You will see 3 different 25 minute shows in 3 different venues. If you decide to go on another route please book at the booking office tent. Seats are limited so we suggest you book for the whole weekend asap – you could see 12 different shows!
You get to see three different performances which can be anything from dance, music (classical, jazz, world), poetry, stand-up comedy, circus, mime, drama or caberet. Part of the charm of the Voorkamerfest is the element of excitement in that the venues and performers remain a surprise!
Not suitable (yet) for children under 12 years of age.
Evita se Perron has a restaurant & bar, in addition there is also a bar & eatery tent outside, and various food, beverage & craft stalls. Take a walk aroundEvita se Perron with its boere-kitsch memorabilia & Boerassic Park. The Main Road which is within walking distance, has a number of excellent eaterieswho are waiting for your visit!
Don’t miss out on Darling’s renowned wine estates and of course our wonderful wild flowers … click here
OTHER ACTIVITIES ON THE WEEKEND
- Saturday 1 September: The Darling Spring Parade starts @ 10h00 down the Main Rd ends @ Evita se Perron at 11h00
- Extra parking area at the Darling Golf Club has been organised where extra accommodation is available in the tent camp. Children will be catered for with a jumping castle and kiddies stalls. Bookings for tents can be done through Chanda Barrows.
- The Voorkamerfest food & crafts market at Evita se Perron will be even more vibrant this year. Relax & take in the vibrant local spirit & Darling fare.
- Chanda Barrows will also take your booking & payment for the popular Perron Social dance/disco on Saturday 1 Sept @ 21h00 – tickets @ R75pp & sell out fast every year! Cash bar available – (no meal included, support all the gorgeous food stalls at the Market) Please contact her: email@example.com – By popular demand ‘Pete’s Mobile Party’ Disco Dance.
- Don’t miss the hip-hop dancing group tutored by Lloyd Morengo from Rotterdam which will be presented at Evita se Perron an hour before each route departs, adding to the excitement of the weekend!